Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Odd Questions


Today is a question day.  I just have some questions swimming around in my head.  My first question is: why do all people look better in sunglasses.  Have you ever noticed that?  I am not photogenic but in the few pictures I feel I look good in I am wearing sunglasses.  You can look at celebrities or normal people.  If there is a picture of them with and without sunglasses, they always, always, always look better in the shades.  Why is that?  It was a point brought up to me by a friend years ago about Billy Joel.  She said she thought he was handsome, but only when he wore his sunglasses on stage.  Therefore I have decided to name this the “Billy Joel Effect.”  Are we intimidated by other people’s eyes?  Back in school I took a Persuasion class.  (Yes, it’s a class.)  One of the things I learned was that humans are subconsciously attracted to wide eyes.  That is the reason turning down the lights in romantic situations is so effective.  If I extrapolate, it could be said that the Billy Joel Effect is caused by what look like big eyes.  I admit it’s a stretch but it’s the best answer I could figure out.  Next.  When you fill out an application for something and it asks what sex you are, it usually says it doesn’t have any bearing on the result.  If that is so then why do they ask the question?  If it doesn’t matter that I’m a man, then why go there?  There must be a quota or government benefit we aren’t told about.  It just seems like an odd question if it has no meaning.  Moving on.  Can anyone describe that new car smell?  Why is it so intoxicating?  Admit it.  When you get in a new car at the dealer the first thing you do is breathe in deeply.  That smell just makes you want to take the car home.  A friend who sold cars told me they actually spray that scent in the cars.  So what is it?  Is it some pheromone attracting us on a subconscious level?  Perhaps it triggers an effect of excitement?  Whatever the smell is, it is there on purpose and I can’t even describe it to you.  Lastly, when you’re out for dinner, why do women go to the bathroom together?  Men NEVER go to the bathroom together.  I wrote a paper in college hypothesizing that there is actually a bar in the lady’s room and tables for massages.  After all, I don’t go in the lady’s room so I don’t know.  There could be a whole different world in there men don’t know about.  Or maybe they just want to talk about us.  I like the bar idea better.    

No comments:

Post a Comment