Saturday, May 17, 2014

The Crucible and Beyond @Solsticepublish

I have been working on Book 3 in the Sapphire Chronicles called “Mandrean Revenge.”  It will be a more compact book, as much of the groundwork has already been done in “Quest for the Red Sapphire” and “The Sapphire Crucible.”  It will encompass the action many of you seem to love in my stories but there will be a new strange dynamic taking hold of the story.  There is a part of me that wants to blurt it out but there’s no suspense in that.  It should be finished by the end of the summer.  “The Sapphire Crucible” continues to sell well and the response has been tremendous.  People are anxious to see what happens to Linvin and the gang.  I love each of my stories for different reasons.  This particular one is great because it fills in a lot of the blanks left from “Quest” and adds new characters and storylines.  As I said in my character interview earlier this week on “Sallie’s Book Review and More” http://yesterdaydaugher.blogspot.com/2014/05/dicover-rival-gates-author-of-sapphire.html one of my favorite characters to write in this book is Necromancer.  Now I am fully aware that using the name Necromancer is as common in fantasy literature as swordplay.  This Necromancer, however, is very different than many in other stories.  He has agendas within agendas and you will never know his entire plans.  He is helpful and harmful at the same time and always sarcastic.  Overall, he is the spicy kick in the “Crucible” story.  There are periods of pure evil and there are times of pure hilarity.  There are reasons he had to be called just Necromancer.  I can’t explain them yet.  That’s still a couple of books away!  But do read the character interview referenced above if you haven’t already.  He’s quite a character.

No comments:

Post a Comment