Wednesday, May 16, 2018

The Monster


We have a four-legged demon in our house.  It does what it wants, when it wants and has no consideration for anyone or anything.  The beast destroys at will and even with a certain level of satisfaction!  Now; during my blogging time I have been left alone with the monster.  I am tasked with preventing more destruction and soiling.  But this is a clever demon I face.  It hides its damage from view.  I must be vigilant in my duties.  Greater men and women have tried to contend with the monster but have found their efforts to be fruitless.  So, it falls to me that I must watch the creature as I write these words.  The family has even given a name to my bane.  Oreo.  He is disguised as a cute puppy but underneath hides the demeanor of a house killer!  I check on him every little bit and he lies dossal; giving no hint of subterfuge.  Yet I still find different forms of his destruction about the house.  It has already been a week and we are entering “The Great Paper Towel Shortage of 2018.”  My adversary is clever and has the others fooled by its charms.  All I get when I come near are bites at my legs.  Its teeth are small but sharp.  I must go to the same room to observe my adversary.  Lord, give me strength.  

No comments:

Post a Comment