Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Round 2


Round 2 with the monster.  I’m sure some people have taken offence to my calling a puppy a monster.  Perhaps it would be different if it was my dog or my family dog but it’s not.  The monster belongs to my son who is “staying” with us for a while.  In the mean time the creature seems bound and determined to destroy my home.  No mater how much we take him outside, the beast urinates, defecates and chews random things in the house…including the other dogs!  Having dogs now and in the past a certain amount of this is to be expected.  This particular animal, however, seems obsessed with causing me grief.  My patience is being tried.  I try to pet him but he just bites me with his razor-sharp baby teeth which feel like a dozen needles penetrating my skin with force.  Still, we take him out on the hour to try to housebreak him.  The efforts have borne little fruit.  For now, I will tolerate the monster; though I see no visible improvement in his behavior.  What choice do I have?  Lynard Skynard once said, “Lord I can’t make any changes.  All I can do is write ‘em in a song…”  I can’t make a song, but I can sure write about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment