Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Self-Esteem


Self-esteem is one of the hardest things to help someone with because it can only be generated by one’s self.  You see people with low self-esteem all the time. They’re usually in bad relationships that often incorporate abuse.  That abuse can come in the form of physical but more often verbal or mental abuse. The sad part is it can be a cycle with people. More often than not when people are brought up in abusive homes, they seek out that same sort of dismissive personality in their relationships. Even when they get out of an abusive relationship, many times they go right into another. I’ve watched it happen. They do this because they are conditioned to expect this sort of treatment. People with low self-esteem sometimes have problems accepting gifts or compliments. It’s just not something they’re used to. People with high self-esteem often keep it by doing things positive in their life that create a feeling of self-worth. It might be something as simple as mowing the lawn. It gives you a feeling of accomplishment. Personally, I am happiest when I’m writing. I’m putting words together that no other person could do exactly the same way. That gives me such a charge I can hardly contain myself. I love writing. It’s the best part of the entire publishing process. When I read over what I have written, I can only smile. I know that sounds vain, but I see no harm in taking pride in one’s work. That’s the answer to low self-esteem; pride. Too much pride can of course be a bad thing but there is no fault in taking pride in something you’ve accomplished. So; if you have a self-esteem problem, do something positive and meaningful. You’ll be surprised how much your behavior will improve as you add more positives to your life. That’s my take on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment