Tuesday, July 4, 2017

4th of July


It’s the 4th of July once again and time to celebrate the birth of our nation.  It has its faults but I would rather live here than anywhere else.  I grew up mostly in Canada and was lucky to do so. There are so many other countries not as great as Canada where I could have lived.  Even with all the greatness of Canada, I always saw myself as an American living abroad.  When college came around there was no doubt I was headed home to the USA.  It’s not perfect but it is my home.  To all the critics of America I put to you, if America is so bad then why do immigrants keep trying to get in here?  I’m not calling anyone out but its America’s birthday and we’ve taken some lumps around the world in the last few years.  It’s time to sing the praises of this wondrous land.  It’s true you can be anything you want here.  If you have the right idea, plan and execution, you can be successful.  There are so many freedoms here but we can’t celebrate them without remembering the men and women who fought on behalf of those freedoms.  From Bunker Hill to the moonscape fields of Afghanistan, Americans are defending those values for Americans everywhere.  It is because of them that I can relax on my day off and grill out.  Thank you for your service, all of you.  Thank you, America, for giving me my opportunities.  Happy 4th of July

No comments:

Post a Comment