Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Time To Read


I blinked and now it’s September.  You wouldn’t know it from the scene outside.  The temperature is in the 90s.  The trees and grass are green.  And the cars are still being parked outside their garages.  But there are subtle reminders of what is to come.  The kids are back in school.  I saw my first Halloween ad.  All the stores are running big patio furniture clearance sales.  Football is back.  Labor Day is just around the corner which always feels like the official end of summer.  While summer is nice and all, we must not fear the approach of fall.  It brings its own rewards.  There is the first frost when my allergies suddenly get better.  We can rake leaves and let the kids jump in the pile. (Watch for sticks)  There is Halloween to look forward to with all the fun.  And most importantly, it’s a great time to curl up with a good book.  Everyone’s tastes are different but I’m sure you can find something to your liking.  I humbly suggest my first book, “Quest for the Red Sapphire.” http://amzn.to/1npYd0S   It takes you away to another world where swordplay and sorcery abound.  If you have read some of my work then try the newest novel, “Mandrean Revenge.” http://amzn.to/1L9c76S  This is a shorter book with all of the above and some romance thrown in for good measure.  Whatever you choose, just take the time to enjoy the book and if there’s time, read another.  Just remember if you’re downloading to do so legally from a site like Amazon.  Stay away from all those nasty viruses and spyware.

No comments:

Post a Comment