Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Evil Insurance Companies


You need it.  I need it.  The law says in many cases we have to have it.  Yet it holds on to us like a leach and bleeds us dry.  I am of course referring to the greatest con in the market place, insurance.  You pay for it on your health, car, house, disability, life and more.  They collect their money every paycheck but when you need help they are less than helpful.  Take health insurance for example.  My policy will pay 80% of expenses once the deductible has been met.  So I must spend thousands of dollars before they will pay a dime.  How is that helping me?  It only helps when I have something large like a surgery and even then I end up paying a large sum of money.  Look at car insurance.  The prices for newer cars especially are through the roof.  Then you take a simple thing like a cracked windshield.  I called the insurance company because the crack from a stone was 2 feet long.  They informed me that per my request, I had glass coverage.  What that meant was if I had a crack smaller than a dollar bill they would fill it.  In my particular case the crack was too big and was therefore subject to the $500 deductible for comprehensive damage.  A new windshield was less than $300 so what was the point in the insurance?  About a year ago we had a flood in our basement where the sump pumps could not keep up with the water coming in.  The carpeting in the finished basement was ruined.  I consoled myself that night knowing I had home insurance.  Well guess what?  It turns out the only way water damage would be covered by my policy is if a pipe burst.  I had to pay to replace all that carpet myself.  Thankfully, I haven’t had to deal with life insurance yet.  I can only imagine the kinds if trouble they would cause.  There are times I was not able to work and the disability insurance people did nothing but give me the run around.  They wanted form after form from my doctor and were never satisfied. I could site many more instances but you get the point.  You see all these commercials promising low rates, better service because they value their customers, quicker claims being paid, and let’s not forget the universal anthem that they are all on your side.  NONE OF THEM ARE ON YOUR SIDE.  They make money by collecting premiums, not paying claims.   

No comments:

Post a Comment