Thursday, July 31, 2014

4 Star Review

I had another review of “Quest for the Red Sapphire” posted this week.  It received 4 out of 5 stars.  I have said repeatedly that I am quite happy with that rating.  These are the reviews where I learn what hit home for different people and what didn’t.  Let’s face it, in a 492 page book there’s going to be something you don’t like.  The key component holding this back from being a 5 star review was the lack of a dominant female character in the book.  That one kills me because I wrote a very strong female character into the story.  Then the book ended up being over 950 pages and I had to break it in two right before she is introduced.  It took a year of submissions to discover a book of that length would never be published unless it was the Bible.  I hated separating it like that but I felt I stopped “Quest for the Red Sapphire” at a good place to make you want to read more.  Let me assure you, “Sapphire Crucible” will answer your questions and open new ones to be addressed in my next book, “Mandrean Revenge.”  “Crucible” still has loads of action and some fun head games.  It is gratifying that I can talk about a story I started when I was 13 years old and still have passion for.  My father would tell me the great stories could be read over and over and never grew dull.  C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien were like that for me.  I set out to create such a book.  I suppose I will never know in my lifetime if my books fall into that category.  A couple of readers have gone back to reread them to catch things they missed.  For now, though, at least I never lose my love of these tales.  The new books excite me and the first two inspire me.  I hope you have the chance to read one of them.  I am totally biased here but I think they are worth the time to read.  One will make you want to know what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment