Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Editing


Well, I’ve just received my first set of corrections from my editor and I can say with some certainty that this is going to be a clash of wills.  In the end, she has final say and I will have to go along. It’s going to take some time.  But I’m a big boy.  I can overcome criticism. Even if that criticism is directed at my baby.  I will fix what they want fixed and move on.  You see writing is the fun part.  Editing…Not so much.  But it is a necessary evil. It proves that you are human and as such are prone to human errors.  My father was an editor.  He has passed on now.  Still, I wish I could ask him some questions about what it was like.  Did everyone hate him? Did his writers think he was mean? How did he handle it? There are a thousand things I wish I could ask him but those would definitely be among them.  I miss him so. Well the edits won’t get done on their own.  I will take my leave of you fine people to work on them. I’m one step closer to being published again. My pride will be set aside for a while as I fix what they want fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment