Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Waiting...


It took longer than I expected but I finally finished my last edits on “Repercussions Abound.”  Now it is in the hands of my publisher.  Will they go along with the numerous changes I have made?  Will they ignore my changes and print it as is?  Like I said, it’s in their hands.  I’ve had publishers make my changes before printing and I’ve had them ignore my opinions.  It can be a frustrating time but in the end the writer usually has to make some concessions.  After all, the publisher holds all the power in this situation from the time you first submit your manuscript.  All I can do now is sit and wait.  I often refer to my works as my children.  This is like sending your children to school on the first day and waiting for the bus to drop them off to you at the end of the day to see how it all went.  The tension is tremendous.  To distract myself I am reveling in my first book, “Quest for the Red Sapphire” receiving a five star review!  It was a glowing endorsement and really made my day.  You can read it on Goodreads https://www.goodreads.com/review/show?id=1259661705 or Amazon.  It was a ray of sunshine on a rainy day.  It’s always nice to hear someone loved one of your babies.  

No comments:

Post a Comment