Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Girls and Books


Guys, have you ever asked out an absolutely beautiful girl who hasn’t gotten back to you promptly.  Then another amazing girl shows up on your radar that you want to ask out.  You can’t ask the second girl out because the first girl might still answer yes.  In fact, you expect her to do so…in time.  On the other hand you hate to lose the time you could be enjoying with the second girl.  If only life had been so simple for me when I was younger?  Now replace the girls with books.  The first girl represents the book still at the editor’s.  Are the corrections taking this long or did I cross the line with my number of corrections.  Now think of the second girl as the second book I want to start.  Once I start something, if I don’t finish it I tend to forget parts.  That causes huge delays and eventually rewrites.  Once the book is published there will be a great deal of promotion to do.  I can’t concentrate on that and writing a book.  My mind does not multitask on these things.  So I’m stuck without a girlfriend, as it were.  One I have to wait for and can’t do anything about.  The other is there for the taking but I must wait for the first one’s response.  I know there’s some fellow with bravado out there saying he’d date them both.  Well my friend, it doesn’t work in life with girls or books.  Take my word for it.  Once again all I can do is wait for girl 1 or the book at the publisher.  Girl 2 has been waiting over 30 years for me to take her out.  She can wait a little bit longer.    

No comments:

Post a Comment