Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Windows 10


For those of you who follow my blog, you’ll remember that I have had my share of problems with Windows 8.  Time has passed and I have gotten used to the system.  That doesn’t mean I love it but I am used to it.   Then I kept getting these pop-up notices that I could update to Windows 10 for free.  I ignored them for several months and then a friend pointed out that Windows 10 was going to be the operating system for several years and would prolong the usefulness of my computer.  I was convinced to do the upgrade.  So I did it.  My world turned upside down.  Programs I used regularly now said I didn’t have permission to use them; even after reinstalling them.  Sometimes when I go to the start screen all the options are blank or else they are in Chinese.  It doesn’t recognize Internet Explorer though you can find and use it with some work.  The system is set up to use something called Microsoft Edge which has elements of Explorer but is more like a web site than a web browser.  It’s filled with all sorts of stories from sports to politics.  If I wanted to go to a magazine page, I would.  The browser is not as good as Google or Norton for that matter.  Even Real Player hasn’t been working right since the change.  I suppose I’ll get used to it in time but right now I’m actually missing Windows 8!  Who ever thought I would be saying that.  As with that system, I suppose I will get used to this one.  It is human nature, I believe, to resist change, and then eventually accept it.  I only hope I have the patience to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment