Wednesday, December 31, 2014

So Long 2014


Well, 2014 is done.  I have spent the morning doing my annual closet clearing.  It was more in depth than usual.  I finally reached the point where I gave up on the hope of ever fitting in some of my old clothes again.  They are going to Goodwill for a tax deduction.  It’s not that I’ve gained weight over the year.  I’m the same size I was last year.  I just don’t see the point of holding onto clothes I will likely never fit in again.  I have a permanent physical condition preventing me from working out and diets have never really stuck with me.  I don’t see the point of half my closet space (I only get a third of it to begin with) being wasted by reminders of thinner days.  It’s depressing and creates a clutter.  Furthermore, if I were to lose weight, I am sure I would want to go buy new clothes to celebrate.  So I finally decided to part ways with my old clothes.  This year has had its ups and downs.  Due to my ailment I was unable to work at my other job for nearly 3 straight months.  That was a financial hurdle we are still overcoming.  On the other hand, things with the books are going well.  I have had many positive reviews on “Quest for the Red Sapphire” and “Sapphire Crucible.”  Look for the next book, “Mandrean Revenge” to come out in the next six months.  I will go over the new edits for “Sapphire” just as soon as I have time after the holidays.  Then a second edition will be released with a great new cover.  No major catastrophes have happened to my family in 2014 and that in itself was a blessing.  We discovered the reason my daughter had been so sick for so long.  After thousands of dollars in tests and countless missed days or school a simple test by our family doctor disclosed she was allergic to wheat.  I had heard of gluten allergies but never wheat.   After some research we discovered it has become a very common problem and the diet was the same as gluten free.  Now we keep my daughter away from wheat and she is finally well.  I must say I am glad it’s not me because gluten free food (what she normally eats) is both expensive and not usually tasty.  My son is starting to slowly get some direction in his life.  It’s hard as a parent.  Both good and bad, you compare your children to yourself.  When they lag behind in a certain area you tend to lose sight of the things they have done well that you didn’t.  Some goals I reached this year while others I missed.  Overall the year flew by.  There is much to be done next year and I have goals in place.  I hope to devote more of my time to my writing.  I get the most joy from that.  It is my hope that the new editions of my books will help them rise to new heights.  Staying healthy would be a huge help.  I must work hard at my other job to provide for my family.  In all, I want to be a better man who appreciates what he has instead of longing for what he doesn’t have.  2015 is about to arrive and I intend to tackle it head on.     

No comments:

Post a Comment