Wednesday, July 11, 2018

It's Hot!


I think the heat is getting to me.  Here in Nebraska we’ve been in the 90s for over a week now and there’s no sign of it letting up.  I stay in the air conditioning as much as I can but you have to go outside at some point.  A good number of you in the United States and Canada are experiencing the same heat wave I am.  The meteorologists say it all has something to do with the jet stream.  To be honest, until I reached high school I thought the jet stream referred to either the path jet planes took or those stainless-steel travel trailers (Airstreams).  Turns out I was way off base. The jet stream travels from west to east and dictates who gets cool air and who gets hot air.  It just depends on what side of it you are on.  Right now, it’s starting really far to the southwest and then soars up the Rockies and into Canada before continuing east.  I talked to my sister in Toronto, Ontario and she confirmed the heat was miserable there as well.  Now I’m having this craving for ice cream every single day.  I don’t know why.  I don’t usually eat ice cream.  It’s like the heat has triggered some gene in my body to greatly desire ice cream.  Soft serve is particularly appealing.  I’ve tried to curb the craving by eating yogurt or cottage cheese.  It’s just not the same.  Oh, well.  It could be worse.  There are hazardous things to your health I could want. For now, I will fight this obsession but give in to it occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment