Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Christmas Sales


We’re almost at the winter solstice.  It seems appropriate that I’m writing you because my publisher is Solstice Publishing.  Everyone seems to be rushing to finish their Christmas shopping for things that will be on clearance next week.  It sounds strange but it’s true.  I must confess I must brave the mall today in order to get a gift card.  Then my shopping will be complete.  So many people wait till the last minute to do their shopping that there becomes a buying frenzy as stores prepare to close for the holiday.  Being in retail, I always root for the stores this time of year.  I want to see record sales.  The internet has taken a big chunk out of brick and mortar sales.  Without good Christmas seasons you could see Sears and J.C. Penny’s go out of business.  I never like to see that loss of business’.  Too many hard-working people lose their job needlessly.  I worked for Montgomery Ward and watched them go under.  It was sad.  I jumped ship before it went down because I could see the writing on the wall.  Many others rode it out and went down with her.  This Christmas think of what you bought on line and then ask yourself if you could get it at the store for the same price.  If the answer is “Yes” then next time buy it in the store and give that clerk a job.  Pretty soon there will just be Wal Mart and Target left to shop.  That will be a bad say for customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment