Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Patience


Patience.  Yes, that’s what I need; patience.  My 3rd book was assigned to an editor in August.  Still all is quiet from their end.  My mind begins to race.  “What if it is full of errors and is taking a long time to edit?”  “What if the editor only works on it periodically.”  “What if the editor hasn’t even started it yet?”  I reached out and emailed the editor and heard back a week later that she was swamped and there was much to do on my book.  Ouch.  That doesn’t sound promising. That was a month ago.  I don’t want to tick off the person editing my book but I am anxious to get it published; hopefully before Christmas.  Every day I open my email with new found hope that something will be there.  Every day I am disappointed.  I want to email again but I’m sure the editor is aware of my book and does not want to hear a writer nagging them.  So, what am I left with?  I wait and wait.  Right now, I need patience.  But it will not be long before my patience wears thin and I use my writing skills to draft an email.  It’s like someone’s testing one of your children and you’re in the hall outside waiting, and waiting, and waiting.  In the end there is little you can do but have patience.  So that is my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment