Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Losing a Car


I had a car that I loved.  It was 9 years old and I took good care of it.  She was the place I could go and just be alone.  Then I lent her to my future daughter-in-law and she had a small accident.  At least we thought it was small.  Then insurance had the body shop take a look at it and the car ended up being not worth fixing in their eyes and so they totaled it out.  My baby that I had kept up fine maintenance on since it was new was gone.  All I had was a small check to replace her.  My wife and I looked at a bunch of cars but none were close to what I had.  Then I went to work and my wife went car shopping.  She bought me the same model of car, 3 years older.  There were some little things wrong with the car so on my day off I took it to the shop where they’re always good and fair with me.  There were a lot more than a couple of things wrong with it.  When all was said and done it cost me $2300 to make it safe.  They did tell me that now I have a car that can go for years.  Even so, it was a bitter pill to swallow.   Now I have to get used to my new car.   It shouldn’t take too long but every little difference makes me miss my old car more.

No comments:

Post a Comment