Tuesday, May 23, 2017

All Voles Must Die!


Let me start by proclaiming that I am not an animal hater.  Now that I have said that, all voles must die!  I didn’t misspell and mean moles. No, I mean voles.  They are like mice without the long tail.  We have a concrete porch off the back of our house.  The voles dug under it and made a large hollow area which was making the concrete above crack from lack of support.  The first problem was finding an exterminator.  They would ask, “Do you have termites?” “No” “Do you have spiders?” “No” “How about an ant infestation?” “No.  I have voles!”  “Did you say moles?”  “No voles.” “We don’t treat for those, sorry” I must have called 10 places until I found one that would treat for them.  It was $150 per treatment.  They needed a treatment every week until they were gone.  The problem was they were never gone.  Finally, the day came when the concrete repair man arrived.  He pumped an expanding foam under the cement which filled the gap, raised the area and solidified into an inedible and virtually indestructible base.  That was $1200.  All this happened a couple of years ago.  Now those nasty little creatures are back.  They even took up residence in my gas barbeque.  We didn’t know until we lit it up and burning voles started running everywhere.  Now they’re digging under a different part of the slab.  I fear we’re going to go through the whole exercise again.  As I said at the start; all voles must die!  

No comments:

Post a Comment