Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Little Things


We talk about the big things in life that go wrong when we are explaining our misery but how often is it the little things in life that drive us mad.  Being a writer, I worry about my computer.  The hard drive might go out or the mother board could fry.  Perhaps a power surge knocks out the whole thing.  I’m getting freaked out just thinking about these things.  None of those faults occurred this week and I was still brought to a standstill.  My keyboard wasn’t working.  Actually it was less than that.  When I struck the letter “P” it typed “OP”.  It doesn’t sound like a big deal, you might think?  You would be surprised how often “P” is used in writing or even every day computer usage.  The error was messing up passwords and searches.  Just one key malfunctioning shut me down until I could buy a new keyboard.  When I brought the new one home I tried to break the seal with my pen.  Doing so ruined the end on the tip.  That was my one good writing pen.  (See last week’s blog)  After that it seemed like I kept getting calls needing notes taken; and there wasn’t a working pen to be found.  When you have the seat of your car adjusted perfectly for your body and then someone else moves it to drive the car, disaster strikes.  You would think you could find that spot easily again but it always takes a while for you to find a place you can live with.  Trying to match socks can go beyond frustrating when you know you put both in the laundry hamper and you can only find one.  There are plenty of socks that look close to the right one but none that look the same.  It’s like a game of Concentration.  Yes the major things in life are just that, major.  But the little things are the ones that rub at you, gnaw at you and irritate you until they drive you crazy.  I never appreciated a keyboard so much until this week.  Let’s hope next week I’m not writing about major problems.   

No comments:

Post a Comment