Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Romance Writers


Ah, Valentine’s Day.  I wish I was a Romance Writer.  It seems like every holiday is a romance book holiday.  The same can’t be said of fantasy books.  I take it back.  I’m happy being what I am.  In the past I’ve reviewed several romance books.  I don’t know why they are classified as such because they skip past the romance right into the sex.  And these authors know a great deal about that and how to sell it.  They paint vivid pictures. I would blush reading them. I take my hat off to those writers because they know what sells and they provide it. In the course of reviewing these books I have read some top-notch authors.  I can say with certainty that I cannot write romance.  At least, I can’t write that style of romance.  I prefer swordplay and magic with a few monsters and demons thrown in for spice. That is a recipe for a good book. Still, we are hard-wired to like sex and romance writers have tapped into that instinct.  There’s no denying the success. I’ve had suggestions to incorporate sex scenes into my books but it’s just not me. So, all that’s left is to wish you a Happy Valentine’s Day.  If you’re not busy try snuggling up with one of my books.  Suspense and adventure can be wonderful sensations as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment