Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Back To Writing


At long last, the edits for the second edition of “Quest for the Red Sapphire” are done!  There is still a question about the cover but everything looks full steam ahead for the launch.  As I am very excited to have the process done, I cannot help but be more excited by the prospect that now I get to concentrate once again on writing my fourth book, “Repercussions Abound.”  It feels like that one child of yours that never seems to complain and always behaves, therefore it tends to be forgotten about or taken for granted.  Well that child has earned some devotion.  At last this great story will be given my full attention…at least until the edits for book 3 come up.  This is my real joy in life.  The entire story has been locked in my head for decades along with the rest of the books.  This is finally my opportunity to put my thoughts to paper.  Many people ask me about the work involved in writing.  I actually don’t see writing the books as work.  Writing promotional materials and performing edits are work to me.  But the actual act of writing the book is a reward.  If that were not the case then I would say writing is the wrong field of choice.  I have said this before and still repeat it.  Once it becomes work to write and you are not enjoying it, then it is time to get out and do something else.  To me I still feel like I’m sitting around a campfire or on the porch swing at my parent’s old house telling stories.  The only sad thing is that I always have some sort of other tasks to do around the house when it comes time to write.  I spent nearly two hours today trying to do an update on my computer.  An email said it was necessary but it wouldn’t work.  When I finally reached the manufacturer I was told I only needed to do the update if I was having problems with my computer.  Now they tell me!  That’s two hours I can’t get back.  But everything is finally ready.  I have a brief window before the girls get home from school where it will just be me.  And so I leave you now for my true love that is always waiting patiently for my return.  She’s never jealous and always lets me take over where we left off.  She is good to me.  It’s good to be a writer!

No comments:

Post a Comment